Women in Mining BC Position Description – President (Volunteer)
WIMBC is a dedicated non-profit with a strong leadership team that works alongside our volunteers and committee members, striving to make beneficial industry partnerships and offering events that educate, inform and inspire our 1,000+ members. WIMBC empowers and advances women in the mining industry by creating opportunities for connection, advocating for diversity across the sector and is recognized as a leading voice within the mining industry.
Reporting to the WIMBC Board of Directors, the President is the key management leader of WIMBC, responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key responsibilities include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
- Working closely with the Board to develop and implement WIMBC’S vision, mission, values, strategic plan and goals.
- Serving as WIMBC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s members, the media and the general public.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with various organizations throughout the community and utilizing those relationships to strategically enhance WIMBC’s Mission.
- With the Board of Directors, leading efforts around policy decisions, fundraising and an increase in the overall visibility of WIMBC throughout the mining community.
- Oversee and collaborate with committee members to deliver high-quality programs, events and opportunities for networking.
- Strategic planning and implementation of approved strategies; executing the operating plan through leadership, delegation, organization and resource development and allocation.
- Recruiting, motivating, developing and managing a team of volunteers capable of meeting the organization’s objectives.
- Oversight of marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversight and participation at WIMBC board, executive committee and committee meetings.
- Planning and oversight of and annual budget and three-year plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Currently working in the mining industry (or recently retired) with knowledge of non-profit organizations.
- Well developed network of contacts and connections in the mining industry
- Strong organizational abilities including: planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of WIMBC’s strategic future to members, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent public speaking ability
- Ability to interface with, engage and motivate diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with committee members
Please send us your “Expressions of Interest” by email to: email@example.com with “WIMBC President” in the subject line no later than June 30, 2019. Please include the following with your Expression of Interest:
- Company (if applicable)
- Bio and why you think you would be a great candidate for this role
- Short CV
This volunteer role is expected to require a commitment of approximately 8-10 hours a week on a regular basis. The proposed term of the President is for a period of up to 3 years.